SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Thai Train wreck

This week I'm traveling to D.C. For dinner I ventured to a neighborhood that Robin and I had explored years ago. I'm looking for Thai and just when I started thinking I wouldn't find it, I came around a corner and found the "Thaiphoon" restaurant - that'll do.

It was early so the restaurant was pretty empty. I've been doing a lot of traveling again. I don't often eat out at regular restaurants alone (would rather get take out) but today I wanted something healthier to eat and I wanted to get out of the hotel.

I had been thinking about this neighborhood and about a local tea shop that Robin and I had visited. Then I started thinking about Thai food. Robin and I first tried it while vacationing in Brattleboro, VT. I started to remember how we'd gotten it from a vendor at a 4th of July event, then we sought out a Thai restaurant in town the next day. Yum!

Next thing I know the tears are flowing down my cheeks. I guess all the memories start piling up until they finally derail and I get this train wreck in my head. I haven't had this strong a response in a while. Luckily (I think) the food is hot and spicy so if someone sees me they'll just think the tears are from the hot food… It doesn't last too long and I just let the feelings flow through me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home