SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

birthdays

I've been under a little more stress lately at work and with relationships. I'll be traveling to Florida in a few weeks so I called a dear friend from Florida whom I hadn't seen since just after Robin died. My Florida friend and I used to talk about philosophy, spirituality and life (both before Robin became ill and after she died).

We got talking about things and when I tried to talk about Robin my heart moved up in my throat, tears came into my eyes. I could barely speak. I know from experience that if I just keeping trying to talk eventually intelligible words will come out.

It was a very strong grieving response. I don’t know if it's related to the other recent stress in my life, or if I'm in a low period. It really shocked me how strong it felt and how long it lasted. Lots of tears running down my cheeks during the conversation. I know it's probably normal, my friend even said so. I was just caught off guard by how strongly I experienced it.

Well, April 22nd will be Robin's birthday too, so that might having something to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home