SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November 2006

Well, I knew November of last year was a downward turning point for us. Robin had been recovering from the radiation and chemotherapy. Right after Thanksgiving was the pre-surgery visit where Robin was diagnosed with aggressive, wide-spread metastases. Later in our hometown an oncologist would state that she'd never seen such a long PET-Scan report. It was about eight pages in which the imaging folks had attempted to document the extent of the disease progression. Even at it's length it still used phrases like "numerous focal points" in this area, or that area, because there was way too much to detail it all. I mean really, at some point you think they'd just stop reading the films and say "hey your obviously in god's hands now, you don't need us anymore". I guess that's pretty much what the treating doctors did tell us after reviewing the results.

I went back to the blog pages from November of last year. I was struck by how Robin looked in those days - thin patchy hair. Those images have (thankfully) long since been drown out by my memories of happy, healthy images I have of her from our lives before the cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home