SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Billing

Why would I be writing about "billing" now? It seems that recently I resolved the last outstanding bills from New York City - a year after they were generated. Month after month many bills had arrived in the Winter, Spring and Summer. I would write the insurance information on the bills and send them back. Slowly, one-by-one they would fall off the radar screen. A most welcome sight were bills that would finally come back showing payment for everything except the $20 copay. I'd write a check and those bills would be gone for good

Two bills were notoriously persistent - one for $3,000 and the other for $500. Like all the other bills, each one came with a warning about referral to debt collection. Finally in a call to the insurance company we discussed and activated the "appeals process". Now, a couple of weeks later the claims have been approved, the claims will be paid. I should get a bill for the copayments soon. It will be about $100 and then it looks like no more bills arriving in the mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home