SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Robin and the "D" word

Robin and I did talk about my life after she was gone. I didn't bring it up, she did. She said that if the cancer did get her that she would expect that I'd start "D"ating again and eventually meet someone new. She even added "don't talk too much about me, that would be a turn-off". Boy, she didn't leave any stone unturned!

Anyway, beyond the discussion with Robin in the Fall, I kept the subject to myself until last Winter. I found a family member who would not only listen, but would ask questions and help me explore what I was going thru. We talked about the subject a couple of times and once again it helped me to get through some of the thoughts and feelings so that I could put them aside for a while.

I have now met many other folks who have lost a spouse. I can say we share a lot in common, but we also all approach things differently and on different timetables. I suppose the most we could all hope for is some sympathetic listeners!

The last few months I've met so many wonderful folks. The world seems full of possibilities. I don't know what's in my future, but I did get a chuckle from a conversation with my sister last month. We were talking about the subject of me meeting people and she asked "don't you think the universe will provide things to you when you're ready for them to happen?". I said "gee, after all the writing about the connected universe you think I could have come up with that one on my own?". ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home