SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Robin's Journal

At Robin's memorial service this passage from her personal journal was read:


"Hello, Today is Wed Sept 1st 2004. Welcome Fall. Still working on trying to do the same things. Fix the house up, meditate, read, exercise, work, love.

Having a fun day. Worked in the a.m. and then met Sharon [a massage therapist friend] for lunch and a movie. We saw Hero. An epic tale of how China came to be. It was OK. Maybe I should live my own epic tale. What would that be? Does there need to be an enemy to conquer, a love to die for, something just out of reach pushing the hero to continue on the conquest?

Life isn't about the conquest it's the path that takes you there that is exciting.

I certainly live in a bubble. Robin's world :) guess we all do to some degree.

Breathe every moment of life. Breathe, breathe, and breath some more.

Not sure what life is about. My only goal is to be happy and I have achieved that. Time to work on new goals. Go deeper into the murky depths of life. I am full of shit! ;)

I think we spend so much time looking for the perfect job, or the perfect mate, the perfect anything….we forget it's not something to look for it's something to create. To be a trail blazer create the perfect whatever. I think the imperfect is more interesting than the perfect anyway.

What would I create?"

6 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Robin! How i miss you. Love, Shar

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Robin! How i miss you. Love, Shar

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg and Family - Robin carries a legacy of happiness, love, dreams, courage and kindness. May you be hold all your special memories close to your heart when you feel alone or missing her. She is and always will be present with us. I feel this. I have a 'special' bond with Robin now when I turn on my TV and listen to the music channel "Dreamscapes". Kim, Chris and Greg - Along with Hospice, I'll always remember you as 'earth angels' who guided Robin with love, tenderness, and courage as she entered into the first chapter of her eternal life.
Love and miss you all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the opportunity to know you and share Robin's journey.
Hugs and Smiles,
Donna

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg, Chris, and Kim:
I just wanted to share what a beautiful tribute yesterday's service was to Robin's life. She lived every moment to the fullest and looked for joy even through her pain. She leaves a legacy of love and a testimony of how to live one's life!! May you be comforted by the love you gave to her and the love she gave you. The care she received by all your gentle hands was completely exemplary!!! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of Robin's life!!
Love,
Connie

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg, Chris and Kim,
It was so wonderful to meet all of the extraordinary people in Robin's life on Saturday. I felt like I already knew many of from conversations with Robin as well as Greg's blog updates. I feel she was protected by your love and received tender support as she faced this ultimate life journey. Thank you. I will miss my massage buddy and friend.
Love,
Kathleen G.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She created someone we will always remember and who also reminded us to all be happy with ourselves and enjoy oneself. I loved her smile and the fact that she simply loved to laugh. XO Trice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home