SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Foundations!

My brother Jonathan has been with us all week! He's doing his laundry right now so he'll have something clean to wear tomorrow (he didn’t expect stay this many days) :) Jon will head tomorrow and my brother Corry will be arriving to stay for a while.

Except for running errands and going home for meals, we spend most of the day with Robin. Our families have been wonderful about being around, especially when things change - like Robin going to the hospital this week. The visitors and local friends have been enormously helpful in reducing my stress. I've discovered that I'm never thrilled with changes in Robin's status and it always seems to take a few days for me to readjust.

Thanks to everyone for being our foundation and helping to keep us grounded!

3 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what family is all about. Thoughts & Prayers & Hugs. XO Trice

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates Greg. These blogs really do a great job of expressing ourself.

Keep up the positive spirit.
You and Robin are always in my prayers..I'm sure they are listening to us. :))

Kavitha

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg:
I have shared your story with Judy and Jim Reynolds who live on Longmeadow Street, who knew your family in the earlier years. She is sending all of her love and prayers to you both. She mentioned that your family was so in tune with each other that "she is not in the least bit surprised" that your dad and brothers are rallying around you to be supportive.
I hope that Robin is comfortable and is able to go home in a few days. Please send her our regards for a better week ahead.
Faye, Larry, Jacob and Fuzzy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home