SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Robin to the hospital

Robin's hair started falling out the last couple of days. Last night she shaved her hair off with a trimmer so she's bald again. I didn't cut my hair off. I felt like I can be by her side, but there's only so far I can follow her down this path.

Anyway, this morning she woke to some pretty severe pain. She asked me to pull the sheets off of her because they hurt pressing against her skin. She had pain in her legs, abdomen, and chest and she was running a temperature of over 101. She immediately took some medication which reduced the pain a couple of notches. We dialed the doctor's office and got the on-call doc who suggested we make a trip to the emergency room.

Well, they finally found a pain med that works great for her - Dilaudid (hydromorphone)! Like morphine but with fewer side effects! She had the best rest for a couple of hours and she said it was the first time in months that she had absolutely no pain! It was great to see her smiling with a relaxed grin again.

They decided to admit Robin to the hospital. Presumably she has a temperature because her body is fighting off an infection. Samples of her blood were sent to the lab to determine what's causing the infection before they decide what to do next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home