SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Daily moments

One of the things that Alex the counselor suggested was that I look for the moments during the day when Robin and I connect. Robin's mood can be changeable depending on the stress on a particular day, how her stomach feels and what pain she is experiencing.

One moment yesterday was when she'd been feeling stressed and I gave her a light massage over her arms, legs, hands and head. I could see her get more and more relaxed as we went along and then I got the payback of seeing her de-stressed after I was done. I know families have all sorts of issues to deal with when confronting something like cancer. I can't imagine how people do it without a little (or a lot of) massage everyday!

Today I got to feed Robin dinner - a little cottage cheese and pears! She really is capable of feeding herself, but it was nice to be asked to spoon feed her! :)

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Greg and Robin.. I apologize for not getting on line and wishing you the best during the holiday. I just caught up with your blog, Greg, and much has taken place. I would still love to visit when the time is best. From what I've read, you both seem exhausted to tears. I am so sorry. I would be happy to give you both Reflexology sessions whenever it's appropriate if you are interested. Please give her a big hug and smile from me. Words could NEVER express Greg how much this website means. You are such a wonderful husband and partner to Robin as I know she has been in return to you. I'm not sure where you guys are now - probably not in Troy but in the city. I continue to pray and hope you both have kinder days ahead. I have learned so much from your strength, love, perseverence, patience, generosity of self and the list goes on.
Sincerely,
Donna Pivero (Pittsfield, MA)
dpivero@verizon.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home