SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Increased humor quotient!

Robin says we're being too morbid and we need to increase our use of humor. Here are some of her examples from this afternoon:

-Since we're going to be around home for a while I asked Robin if she wanted to visit the local "Gilda Club" (an organization formed after Gilda Radner died of cancer). Robin said sure, at the club meeting she'll stand up and introduce herself - "Hello, I'm Robin, and I'm an alcoholic -- oh, I'm at the wrong meeting"

-I saw the temperature of "29" at the local bank today and I said "29 degrees, can they be serious?". Robin looked right at me with a smirk on her face and replied "dead serious" and started laughing!

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, both of you!

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, How's this?
A man rushed into a busy doctor's office and shouted "Doctor! I think I'm shrinking!!" The doctor calmly responded, "Now, settle down. You'll just have to be a little patient." Or,

A thief broke into the local police station and stole all the toilets and urinals, leaving no clues. A
spokesperson was quoted as saying, "We have absolutely nothing to go on."

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The two of you are inspirations on how to LIVE every moment at its most exquisite fullness. Thank you for sharing this intimate journey. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

William and Debi V.S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home