SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, August 25, 2008

"Happily ever after"

Here I am single again. I go to the grocery store and as I walk in I’m thinking maybe I should take a few weeks off from dating. Then I’m thinking maybe I’ll just wait until the middle of next week when I’m back from vacation. By 10pm I’m surfing dating sites. I had Chinese for dinner and when I take a break to open my fortune I find:

“Take the time to do it right, otherwise you will have to do it over.”

I guess fortune cookies have played a part in much of my life. I think of a fortune I once wrote by hand and stuffed into a fortune cookie. It must have been around the year 1990. Robin and I had gone out for Chinese and I had slipped my faux fortune cookie onto the table unseen for Robin to open. I still have it, framed with a wedding photo. It reads "You will marry a tall white man named greg (6'4") and live happily ever after"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home