SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, June 09, 2008

First Date #3

Well, technically this wasn't a 'very first date' since it was with the woman I'd dated for eight months last Winter, but things seemed different between us now.

The person who cuts my hair had asked if we'd broken up for good or if we were going to be friends and she pointed out that the friendship thing usually doesn’t work out. I thought she meant that the two people get mad at each other or develop disagreements over time. Little did I know the toughest problem was quite the opposite - you've been so close for so long that it's hard to create a wall between the two of you and to change the relationship.

So it was that we'd been meeting occassionally to talk about what we'd learned from last Winter. Tonight we attended a wine tasting event and upon saying good night ended up kissing (madly and wildly). The next day I would have to tell her about my dozen first dates plan…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home