SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, January 29, 2007

PJ Party

It was a long weekend for Robin. She's had several visitors over the weekend, even though she keeps asking me to hold off on visitors so she can have time to get stronger. I'm finally letting her have her way, and we've got fewer folks scheduled in the future. Robin hasn't been eating much lately, and she's had some bouts with increasing pain. Last weekend her flow of continuous pain medication was just under 1mg/hr and now it's over 2mg/hr. She also uses the extra dose button more often these days.

This weekend she had a mix of friends and family visiting. Saturday her friend Donna came and performed reflexology for a few hours - and she also brought some excellent chicken soup! Bill and Gloria were visiting both Saturday and Sunday.

Sunday Robin did not make it downstairs, but she had many visitors with her upstairs. Sharon, Ed and Amanda visited Sunday afternoon (they brought pizza and paper plates and dessert!), and our friend Aide arrived and is staying with us overnight (she brought gluten free hot dogs and gluten free hot dog rolls)! Here's a photo (from left to right) with Aide, Robin, Sharon and Amanda!



Thanks to all the visitors! It gives Dad and I a change of pace when other folks visit. Plus thanks to Bill and Gloria for taking me out to lunch Saturday. I haven't been away from Robin in a while, but I didn't have any issue with leaving her in Dad's capable hands for the afternoon. :)

Robin's doing OK, but with the increasing pain medication she also experiences more confusion. Over the weekend she had a difficult time remembering who had visited and who was coming for a visit. When she gets tired, or has extra pain meds, she'll also say or do things that are a little out of sorts. In the morning she thought she spotted deer in the woods across the street. It's not impossible, but no one else could see them. Just before bed she asked if I was going to be going out to work on the roof with a bunch of people - I just told it her was too cold and I wouldn't be going out on the roof this time of year…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home