SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Home hospital bed

Having the pain med pump has been somewhat of a miracle. The other night as she sat on the toilet and we washed her up for bedtime she said "here I am dying and I get all this sophisticated equipment".

The pump has been great because it helps keep her pain at such a low level. Prior to the pump the worst time of the day would be waking up in the morning when her medication had worn off. She would be grimacing and barely be able to move and we'd give her some pills and then have to wait fifteen to twenty minutes while the medication kicked in. Things weren't so funny in those days, but now that Robin's more comfortable even her sense of humor has rebounded.

Today we had a home hospital bed delivered. When Robin came downstairs she checked out the new bed and the supplies which were delivered with it. She turned to look at Dad and I, and she said "I've got something you don't have". Dad asked what, and she said "I've got a bed pan", and then she added with a smile "I could sell it to you for something!". (well, I guess the meds make her a little goofy too!)



Snoozin' in her spare bed:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home