SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fun Day

Robin's been having a fun day. She had the hiccups earlier and while picking out some clothes she turned to me and said in a very gentle voice "boo". I didn’t understand what she was doing so I just laughed. Then she began to tell me that she made a bet and she lost the house and got cancer. My concern meter started to peak because I'm thinking she must be really confused, so I asked her "what do you mean by that?"

She said "I'm just trying to scare myself to get rid of the hiccups" and she smiled. I smiled and laughed, and with a tear in my eye I said "stop it you're making me cry". So she gave me a soft hug and a smile and said sorry if she scared me.

Later in the day Robin and I were meeting with the nurse, we were all hanging out in Robin's bedroom. We were talking about pain meds and being careful not to overmedicate Robin. The nurse said "we don't want to give you so much medication that you start hallucinating". Robin immediately rolled her eyes and looked to a far corner of the room. This surprised the nurse, but in typical nurse fashion, she asked very calmly and as if nothing was wrong "Did you just see something Robin?", "Did you see something in the room?". Robin gave her a vacant look and I leaned toward the nurse and said "I think she's just joking about the hallucinating part". Robin broke out in a smile and we all laughed about it.

The hospice nurse says that our household is one of the most peaceful ones she has ever visited! It must be all that positive energy people are sending each day! :)

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home