SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sense of humor continues…

1) Yesterday we met someone who had just found out about Robin's illness. He said "I was so surprised to find out you had cancer". Without skipping a beat Robin replied "I was surprised too!".

2) Today as we waited in an exam room for her nose to stop bleeding she found her hand getting tired from pinching her nose - this was taking a long time! Eventually she asked if I would pinch her nose for her, so of course I sat down next to her on the doctor's swivel chair and obliged. I had picked up a bicycling magazine from the lobby to read while we were waiting and eventually I asked her to take her nose back long enough for me to pick up the magazine and find a section suitable for reading out loud. I positioned the magazine in my left hand and then resumed pinching her nose with my right hand and read her an article. I can't imagine what people were thinking as they walked by the open door!

3) Last week she started a new symptom of occasionally drooling profusely (probably from pressure on the Parotid salivary gland in her cheek). This whole ordeal really tires her out, so one we evening we lay in bed, in the dark, with her bald head resting on top of mine. In the silent darkness I suddenly felt a warm, wet flood of drool slither onto my head. I quietly reached up and wiped it away. Robin started, raised her head and then asked "did I just drool on you?", I said "yes" to which we both just broke out in laughter.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Greg is still "Droolable". What a guy!

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade" - you guys have the sweetest batch of lemonade ever made on the planet.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both. - Leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home