SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Our cup runneth over

Well, Robin is still getting back up to speed since chemo last week - today she walked two blocks down the street and back! I'm not recovering from chemo so I don't have the same excuse for being tired out, but I had told a friend that "I felt like I was getting tired at the 12-mile mark of a 26-mile marathon".

It seems like every time I start dragging though, someone else helps pick me up. The weekend before chemo the pick-me-up came from our friends Joe and Julie. My spirits had been down the days before and I'd complained to Joe about something. The next thing I know they've helped with the one complaint and then they started working on another issue (i.e. how to find parking in New York City - another problem they have now helped solve!).

This week the support is coming from every direction!

-Dad is here all week!
-Our friend Mike showed up for lunch - with a shaved head!
-Our friend Connie came to visit and restock our fridge!
-Our friend Deirdre (a massage therapist) who spent time with both Robin and I. Talking with her made me laugh and cry and finally relax a little bit! (hey we really are going to get through this OK!)
-We receive more e-mails each day offering support and encouragement!

To top it all off, Lisa from my workplace stopped by with an outstanding gift basket from my co-workers to Robin which contained many, many items including - gluten free snacks, cards, candles, a hello kitty blanket, pink socks, plus it was all topped off by a "Life is Good" t-shirt signed by my office mates with all kinds of words of encouragement! Opening the gift basket made Robin "verklempt" (otherwise known as "choked-up") and it gave her the biggest smile she has had in weeks!

One of the quotes from the gift t-shirt is that "strength comes from within. Be strong and you'll be fine". Even though I agree that strength comes from within it's wonderful to know so many generous, giving folks are cheering us along! By this evening I'm feeling like I could run a 26-mile marathon and then just keep going! Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home