SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Time warped

These days I spend a lot of time rubbing her head, her feet or her back. My perception of time has changed completely. It's kind of like when you were growing up and there was no schedule to your day. Days last forever and they meld one into the other. Time focuses on the present, often because it's too overwhelming to think too far into the future. I know we're moving to the city next Monday but it seems so far away and too complicated to consider when Robin's looking so weak today. Normally by now I'd have a checklist of things to do and stuff to bring with us but it doesn't seem important enough to merit attention yet. There are also too many other things to get done. Having Dad around allows me to get some work done, make some calls and send some e-mails. How a couple could do this alone doesn't seem fathomable and it seems incomprehensible that some people out there must go through this experience all on their own.

Well, she went to bed 30 minutes ago, but now she's out of bed and having some dry heaves, so got to go…

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not alone, all of your family is with you in one way or another. XO Trice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home