SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Brick by Brick

I feel like I've been rebuilding my boundaries. Well, maybe building some of them for the first time.

When I was younger there seemed to be an exhilaration in opening up to someone new. But the ability to be open rapidly isn't an indication of how deep a relationship will form. In fact, as we get older and wiser it can be a definite turn off to have someone open up too quickly.

I think some folks think that openness will promote closeness but that doesn’t seem to ring true. In the end it seems the slow dance works best - a small step forward by one person, a small step forward by the other. Slowly building foundations and trust.

Would you rather buy a house that was assembled in three days, or one assembled in three months? Focus on friendship, the rest will take care of itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home