SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Date #11

I was just describing to a friend how dating has changed for me. As compared to six months ago when I was self-conscious about what I wore and how I looked, these days going on a date seems like no big deal. This evening I got a call from Date #11 (who I'd been exchanging e-mails with for a few days) and we decided to meet for dinner. I had twenty minutes to take a shower, change and head out to the restaurant. It really didn’t take much thought to get ready to go.

My expectations are completely different these days. Having talked to #11 briefly I expected her to be kind of shy. As it turns out she was actually pretty outgoing and pretty interesting to chat with. As usually seems to happen when I'm meeting someone new, the waiter came by three times before we looked at the menu, and at the end of the evening we hung out and chatted well after the bill had been paid.

I don't expect I'll see her again, but we had a fun evening. I can't believe I'm just about at the end of the "dozen first dates". I knew I would learn a lot, but it's been way more than I could have expected. I'm actually kind of glad to be near the end - I could really use a break and some time do do my own thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home