SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pit crew

One of the nicest compliments we've received is from a visitor. After observing Kim, Dad and I taking care of Robin our friend stated "I want you to be my family"! :)

We repeat many activities each day. Every four hours we do meds, when the stomach tube is soiled we change the gauze pad around it, and occasionally we change an Attends (well, it’s a big diaper but we prefer to just call them by the brand name "Attends"). It might be bragging, but I can tell you that the three of us can change one of those puppies in fourteen minutes flat! (though it probably takes one nurse five minutes!)

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of you involved in Robin's transition through this terrible process are wonderful people. I'm so proud that you are my family.

Alison, Jessica and Patrick wish you all peace through these difficult times.

I may not be the most religious person but...
God Bless all of you
Bob and the kids

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Love You All Very Much :-)
We think of you each and every day...Stay strong

xoxo
Jennifer & Family
(proud to be a "Paige")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home