SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"In Bed"

About a week ago Robin made it downstairs and she's stayed in the hospital bed ever since. Last week she was using a commode (port-a-potty chair) but the last time we used it was approximately Saturday. To get her on the seat we'd sit her on the edge of the hospital bed and then have her put her arms around my shoulders. She and I would stand together and then take a few steps over to the commode - kind of like dancing. I would tell her that helping her move was my favorite part because of the hugs!

She had worn adult diapers a few times before, but over the weekend she switched to them full-time. The short "walks" to the commode were becoming increasingly difficult as her legs just didn't want to work anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home