SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, February 05, 2007

More Quiet Days

Sunday and Monday have been relatively quiet days for Robin. She had stayed upstairs for several days in a row until Saturday when she moved downstairs for the day. Now she spends most of her time in the hospital bed in the living room. Saturday she took a break to go sit in the kitchen for a while where we trimmed several plants. Today she hasn't yet been out of bed.

Between the pump and the oral pain medication she is able to control her pain very well. She's been sleeping for longer periods during the day, and when she is awake she sometimes experiences confusion. Sometimes it's about where she is, sometimes it's about what is going on in the world. She usually understands when we explain the confusion and sometimes she's even aware of it herself. Earlier today Robin said to my sister Kim (who is once again visiting from Kansas) something about feeding "our dog" and then Robin corrected herself, saying she must be confused because we don’t even own a dog!

Now matter what, she still has her sense of humor!

2 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg - My heart and prayers are with you and Robin. I have thought of you often and had hoped that Robin's health had improved. And I admit that I haven't been good at keeping up with the blog. Last nite, I had dinner with Debi and Darlene and Debi brought us up-to-date. I felt the tears welling and guilt because I hadn't kept up with the blog. You and Robin are so strong it is really unbelievable. To face this as you both have and to share it with the world, I can't even imagine how difficult. I admire you both for your love and strength in such a difficult time. My prayers and thoughts are with you both.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big hugs all around. Prayers everyday for all of you. XO Trice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home