SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, November 06, 2006

The weaker sex??

OK, after seeing all that Robin has gone through I'll have to admit, men may just be the weaker sex! She's gone so far taking so little pain medication and never having any complaints. If I'd gone through this I expect I would have been whining the first week of treatment, and I'd probably be taking every medication they offered! (OK, maybe I would have started whining *before* the treatments started!)

I used to think people with positive attitudes simply made up their mind each morning (consciously or not) that it was going to be a good day. But watching Robin I have to imagine that in her mind she is deciding to be positive moment-by-moment, over and over again! Her symptoms (nausea and vomiting) can be triggered just by getting up out of a chair. She's so weak and tired these days that she can only manage to get out of bed to get to her appointments. It doesn’t seem possible that a person could just "wake up positive" and have it carry them through this type of treatment day after day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home