SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Michael J. Fox, Lucky Man

Michael J. Fox has a different disease - Parkinson's - which is a degenerative neurological disorder with no cure. Drugs have been developed to manage the symptoms however they do not stop the disease from progressing. In his memoir, "Lucky Man" he writes:

"Coping with the relentless assault and the accumulating damage is not easy. Nobody would ever choose to have this visited upon them. Still this unexpected health crisis forced a fundamental life decision: adopt a siege mentality - or embark on a journey. Whatever it was - courage? acceptance? wisdom? - that finally allowed me to go down the second road (after spending a few disastrous years on the first) was unquestionably a gift - and absent this neurophysical catastrophe, I would never have opened it, or been so profoundly enriched. That's why I consider myself a lucky man."

http://www.michaeljfox.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home