SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

What - me chemo?

Thursday night Robin said it was starting to dawn on her that she was undergoing chemo. Hmmm, I thought what was her first clue? Was it the daily nausea earlier in the week, or was it the blistered bloody lips she had the last three days (her lips are much better today)?

Anyway Saturday has been the best day so far. Her lips are healing pretty well and she has eaten regular food two days in a row (albeit in small amounts)! She had visitors Friday (Betsy) and Saturday (Joy and Fran), and yet Saturday evening she still had energy to do a bunch of light house cleaning. Things took on a semblance of normalcy as we did chores around the house! I never thought I would be so happy to have her starting talking about chores for me to do ;)

We have noticed the tumor (which responded so well to chemo) is now growing back at a rapid pace. We notified the clinical folks Thursday. We'll be meeting with doctors in NY on Monday so we will be able to ask whether this pace of growth is to be expected. Personally I'm ready for Robin to start Radiation Therapy ASAP if chemo is only going to give temporary results!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home