SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Happy feet

I wake up feeling great! While still in my sleeping bag I was moving my feet to warm them up and I thought "I've got happy feet!". Today I'm OK with Ithaca and the memories and I'm happy to be here.

Aside from feeling good vibes, today is the first hill day and it's going to be difficult. The very first climb out of town will start less than a mile from camp, will be incredibly steep, and many folks will take it as a personal affront by Karen, the route planner and one of the tour organizers. Karen tells me the night before that on the climbs people will be saying that they "hate her", but when they encounter beautiful vistas and when they speed down long descents they'll be saying they "love her"! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home